[SOLVED] Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC or Sapphire Nitro+ ?

Jul 2, 2020
So I'm planning to build a PC with RX 5700 XT + R5 3600 and as motherboard B450 Tomahawk Max( or MSI B450 A PRO-MAX). As GPU, should I get the Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC or Sapphire Nitro+ ? Gigabyte is 30$ cheaper in my country btw. (Turkey)

And another question: how big would be the performance difference between the OC card and the Nitro+ ? Thanks.

Solution
Assuming these are the correct cards I'm looking at:
Sapphire nitro
Gigabyte

The gigabyte one has 1905mhz boost clock while the Nitro has 2020mhz

Sapphire nitro also has some built in RGB if you like that sort of thing. It's up to you if an extra 115mhz and some RGB is worth $30 extra

It also might be worth noting the gigabyte one has 3 display port and 1 hdmi output while the sapphire nitro has 2 hdmi and 2 display ports. That could be worth keeping in mind depending on what monitor(s) you're using but even then, adapter cables are only like $10 on amazon

And another question: how big would be the performance difference between the OC card and the Nitro+ ? Thanks.

The 115mhz difference is a rather small...

Furzumz

Reputable
Assuming these are the correct cards I'm looking at:
Sapphire nitro
Gigabyte

The gigabyte one has 1905mhz boost clock while the Nitro has 2020mhz

Sapphire nitro also has some built in RGB if you like that sort of thing. It's up to you if an extra 115mhz and some RGB is worth $30 extra

It also might be worth noting the gigabyte one has 3 display port and 1 hdmi output while the sapphire nitro has 2 hdmi and 2 display ports. That could be worth keeping in mind depending on what monitor(s) you're using but even then, adapter cables are only like $10 on amazon

The 115mhz difference is a rather small performance difference, not worth paying an extra $30 if you ask me, unless money isn't a problem.

Make sure to also keep in mind the size of your computer case you're getting. Can't install a larger video card if your case doesn't have the room for it.

Last edited:
Solution

poorbugger

Distinguished
Sapphire all the way. Sapphire pulse is already better than the gigabyte and the nitro+ is a better version of the pulse with better cooling. When it comes to amd, sapphire cards are the go to. One thing the nitro+ has that the gigabyte does not is dual bios. If amd ever released another bios update, you'll be safer with the nitro+. Dont let the fans trick you, more fans does not equal better cooling.