Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8gb Temps

Apr 27, 2018
Hello, first time on the forum here after reading alot. I got a new computer since 2 days and bought a refurbished Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8G from a local retailer in it. It seems like its working fine but i still had some questions about noise and temps.

In my old build i had an MSI gtx 960 2G which was pretty quiet. I never monitored my temps or stuff like that, as i didnt really care. Now i got my new pc im checking everything. When i play games for 2 hours, the temperature of my RX 580 goes up to 80 degrees and the fans spin at full, like 2700 rpm. It makes so much noise compared to what im used too.

So my simple question, is this normal? 80 degrees and fans running at full speed after 2 hours of gaming?

Anyone maybr got the same card and able to share his experiences with it?

Solution
It's possible it's a hot card, check your fan profile in bios. You can probably turn your case fans up to create more airflow, which will in turn lower temps. But either way that's getting close to the line as far as temps any warmer and you'll start throttling
It's possible it's a hot card, check your fan profile in bios. You can probably turn your case fans up to create more airflow, which will in turn lower temps. But either way that's getting close to the line as far as temps any warmer and you'll start throttling

Solution