Gigabyte RX 580 noize (video)

G

Hi Guys,

I've bought this card from a friend and im wondering if this noize is normal? Its not as worse as i've seen around this site and videos on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUpktugNCwY\

Hopefully one of you have the same card that could confirm that this is the same noize.

Cheers!

G

The card is cleaned today. Temps are fine so no need to reapply thermal paste imo. Its only the noize but maybe its fine that could be the conclusion. Im starting to think its that :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Temps alone cannot rule out thermal paste application*.... Although probably not required.

*For example, poor transfer (old, improperly applied paste etc) + 100% fan speed would probably net you the same temps as a good application + lower fan speed.

What are your full system specs? What does your case airflow look like?

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Your GPU Fan is loose, its wiggling the first one. That may cause the strange noise, cuz if this was Normal fan speed noise that causes cuz of 100% Fan Speed, it would sound higher and different, ;)

The second fan is steady and good, (Thats how fans should always be, not wiggling like some ballerina)

Check your fan buddy seems like its gona fly off.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Good catch! It does look a little loose, now that you mention it.

The fans sound fine to me, just 100% speed. I wouldn't expect any decent GPU, at 100% fan speed, to sound any louder/higher than that though.