Question Gigabyte rx 6750 xt noises?

thebadbone23

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm out of ideas and I decided to post this situation here as well.
About a month ago I bought a Powercolor Red Devil RX 6700 XT and for some reason the GPU presented some weird crackling noises within the board when running games, no matter the FPS and the noise got louder when increasing the resolution. I did some undervolting on it and the noise lowered but it was still present as soon as I opened a game.
Decided to RMA it since it had some weird spots (similar to cofee stains) on the heatsink and I got a Gigabyte RX 6750 XT instead which presents similar sounds coming from it, only not that loud. If I limit the FPS to let's say 60 and I activate Vsync the noise is almost gone but still there. I kept an eye on the power consumption and the system barely reached a total of 350 W at 1440p Ultra settings in FarCry 6.

I know about coil whine and this is not the standard, high pitched, same tone sound but rather some sort of electrical effect taking place within the GPU that changes constantly.

PC Specs: R5 3600, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz, Gigabyte B450M DS3H (latest available BIOS) and a Segotep GP750G, 80+ Gold, 92% efficiency, 650W PSU + W10 x64 with the latest AMD drivers

What could it be?

P.S: The sound is similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sxXhsrfT43w

Reactions: CompuGuy71

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
That is not a great sound. Almost sounds like you're having power delivery issues.

I'd make sure your PSU is in good working order. I'm not sure where you got it from, but I've never heard of that brand before and that always makes me wary. Any way for you to source and test a different power supply?

thebadbone23

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
The power supply has quite a high rating, at least in my country and it was in the A tier in the PSU line-up on linustechtips forum.
The PSU ran great with my previous 1660Super and never had any issues.

The GPU has two led lights implemented on the power intake lines which should light up when power issues would occur, those stay off. Unfortunately the only way I can check with another PSU is by buying one 😕