[SOLVED] Gigabyte RX460 problems after driver update

Nov 2, 2018
Recently one of my games in my rotation (Arma 3) would randomly crash so I thought it was a driver update I needed to download it so I did. After I installed the new driver Arma 3 kept crashing so I saw a thread here saying they downclock their card using Gigabyte Xtreme engine and I downloaded it and downclocked my card too and that's when Rainbow Six Siege started lagging to around 40fps and I found that odd since Rainbow Six Siege is capable of running my graphics settings at a smooth frame rate (50-60fps). So I took my pc apart and cleaned the dust off of my CPU heatsink (there was a lot) then took out my RX460 and cleaned the fans (not a whole lot) and after that I plugged everything back in my computer went to bios because I forgot to plug the 4 pin from my HDD back into the PSU and since then I'm unable to run the games I used to play with ease. Rainbow Six Siege crashes before it loads with a black screen, Arma 3 and Project Reality load but with no sound, and Day of Infamy and Insurgency load with sound and is playable. I managed to download a driver around the same time I got my graphics card and Rainbow Six Siege loaded but got a notification that my Driver was outdated and it wouldn't load past the lading screen. I've tried the drivers from this year and the month I got my RX460 last year (august).

Specs

MOBO- MSI B350 Gaming Plus
CPU- Ryzen 5 1500X
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb (DDR4)
PSU- Corsair CXM 650w 80+ Bronze

Solution
I managed to use DDU to uninstall my current driver and managed to download the driver I had before (AMD 17.12.1)
I first tried express install for 17.12.1 and RB6 Siege still froze withput loading and I tried a second time doing custom install and it still got the same results.
And when I tried a third time doing custom install without Radeon settings RB6 Siege finally loads but freezes in the loading screen and still no audio for Arma 3, RB6 Siege and Project Reality.

So I got a feeling its a driver issue

I'd start from scratch. Uninstall all AMD videocard drivers then reboot, so now you should be on your desktop using generic Windows drivers. If so, now install the latest AMD videocard drivers and reboot again. If that doesn't work then I'd reinstall Windows and start from there.

The problem with troubleshooting this issue now is that you've made so many changes, any one of which could be a problem, that I think it's more efficient to wipe everything out and start fresh.

Remember, you only had a problem with one game, now nothing is working right.

Nov 2, 2018
I managed to use DDU to uninstall my current driver and managed to download the driver I had before (AMD 17.12.1)
I first tried express install for 17.12.1 and RB6 Siege still froze withput loading and I tried a second time doing custom install and it still got the same results.
And when I tried a third time doing custom install without Radeon settings RB6 Siege finally loads but freezes in the loading screen and still no audio for Arma 3, RB6 Siege and Project Reality.

So I got a feeling its a driver issue

Solution