[SOLVED] Gigabyte RX570 Flash Correct Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

daredavel

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016
I bought a used gigabyte rx570 rev 1.0 (GV-RX570GAMING-4GD; bios: RX570GAMING-4GD.FY0) and it was working fine, until I started playing games, the games crashes instantaneously. This only happens when I try to play games. I tried updating the drivers, using the old drivers up to the latest to no avail. When I checked the card's bios it's showing as GV-RX570GAMING-4GD-MI and I'm suspecting it was flashed using a mining bios.

It's current bios is RX570GAMING-4GD-MI.FY3 Radeon™ RX 570 Gaming 4G MI and I wanted to flash it with RX570GAMING-4GD.FY1 Radeon™ RX 570 Gaming 4G. But I can't proceed as it's giving me an error of BIOS ID NOT MATCHED:
gb.png

How do I flash the correct bios? I can't find a reliable reference.

Solution
You bought a card that was mined on, as simple as that.
Even if it were the case, there's actually no reason to flash a mining bios onto a normal card. They'll perform the same.
They run these cards while trying to use as little power as possible:
-increasing core clock saw little benefit, as the increases in power consumption negated the gains
-bumping the memory clock was 'where the money was at' in regards to power.

The bios ID doesn't match, because a matching bios for the MI version doesn't exist.
You got screwed, mate. Return that card and get your money back if possible.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Even if it were the case, there's actually no reason to flash a mining bios onto a normal card. They'll perform the same.
-increasing core clock saw little benefit, as the increases in power consumption negated the gains

The bios ID doesn't match, because a matching bios for the MI version doesn't exist.

Solution

daredavel

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016

I see. So there's no way I can flash the correct bios for this one?

koson123

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
i dont know if the bios is compatible but that error message shows up sometimes simlply because the new and old bios are different rather than different versions. if it was flashed from the original bios you can flash it back. you can force it by using
AtiFlash.exe -f -p 0 newBios.rom
https://computingondemand.com/flash-gpu-bios/
that will force it through
i would backup the current bios before flashing it(use the program GPUZ for this)

Status
Not open for further replies.