Gigabyte Silently Reveals Green Z97X-Game Plus Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Would be nice to see other colors on motherboards besides the standard Orange, This black and green color looks good! Always liked this color scheme on a motherboard, although once you place your GPU(s) and memory it's a bit hard to see. Need some blues and greens, heck even a purple color would look good with black. One of these motherboard manufacturers should offer their mid or high end boards in different color schemes; same board just available in different colors. It would help to set themselves apart from the rest of the pack since most of the motherboards out there all have very similar features.

On the Z87 boards. They updated to the en vogue red and black on the z97 boards. But even that doesn't really do a whole lot of justice for a blue/black case.... if it even matters depending on where you place your tower.

Sep 13, 2014
Green Heatsinks would have perfected the look. This board would go great with that MSI GTX 960/970 100ME card. Shame Gigabyte felt pressured to compete with MSI gaming series. The sniper should have been green.

justcommenting

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Needs more green on it but still looks good. I'm in the middle of a green/black build and would've snatched this board up instead of the black/grey I had to settle for. I kind of wish manufacturers would just start offering multiple color scheme options for boards instead of making consumers compromise on features/aesthetics.

Why the PS2 ports? Were there extra parts lying around?

When I look for a motherboard I'd consider "modern", here are a few features it doesn't have:
1) PCI (old-school non-express type) slots
2) PS2 ports
3) IDE disk connections

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

The reason it has PS2 ports is because some gamers prefer to user PS2 mice and keyboards. It acts as a hardware interrupt request reducing lag rather than using a USB solution. Honestly is just milliseconds that most will never notice but there are those that just wont let the ports die.

So just to get this straight, an ASUS Maximus VII has PS2 ports but because of this, this makes it "not modern". I use PS2 ports from time to time for my keyboards and if a motherboard doesnt have them but the competition does, well then guess who's getting my business?

When you say "from time to time", what occasions make you decide to plug in a PS2 keyboard? Just curious?

Polling rates of 1ms (or 1000 times per second) can be set for most mid- to high-end USB gaming keyboards. How do I get less lag than that? Will the PS2 solution give me that?

From time to time when I have someone over that wants to game on one of my other computer I give them a PS2 keyboard because they are quicker than the USB 2.0 ones I have

Status
Not open for further replies.