Question Gigabyte SSD M2.2280 installed. what to do next?

san_sa_rocky

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
hi, i just installed gigabyte m2 2280 SSD (512gb) in my Laptop (Asus GL552Vw i5) laptop. then i downloaded the ssd driver located at gigabytes official website. it just shows the Drives current state.(showed below) i cant find what to do next. i checked Disk Managment but nothing there. can anyone tell me what to do next? i am stuck. please help
thanks in advance.
25ovx55.jpg

san_sa_rocky

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2009
Is the drive shown in the bios?
I'm thinking you bought an NVME SSD and you need a Sata M2 ssd.
my laptop had a level to setup m2.2280 SSD , so i bought gigabyte M2 2280 Pcie x2 SSD. and installed it properly on the laptop motherboard. and no, bios doesnt show. i updated the bios. i cant understand :'(

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
yes. and as provided at the image. it shows it connected. but nothing else further.

Weird, i took a look at the image again. It doesn't show the model of it which is kinda odd but it does show the temp of it which is good since it means it is connected but that doesn't mean it's working properly as it should i guess. There could be something distubing the contact between the m.2 and motherboatd.

popatim

Titan
my laptop had a level to setup m2.2280 SSD , so i bought gigabyte M2 2280 Pcie x2 SSD. and installed it properly on the laptop motherboard. and no, bios doesnt show. i updated the bios. i cant understand :'(

The Pcie x2 tells us that it is an NVME drive. Return it and grab a Sata M2 drive.

M2 ports can be implemented in 3 ways. PCIE+Sata, PCIE Only, or Sata only.. Your's is the last option sadly.