[SOLVED] Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus master ( no power, no GPU light or any other light) Please help

moazzamkhalid

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
Hey Guys,

My Auros TRX40 Master isn't showing any signs of power, no LED is working neither on the board nor on the graphics card, and I think it is my fault :(.

STORY
My pc was working perfectly fine in a phanteks casing.
  • AMD Ryzen 3970x threadripper.
  • Gigabyte Auros TRX40 Master motherboard.
  • Ausos ROG Strix 2080ti 11G Graphic card
  • 32 GB of Neo rams

Here is where i messed up
I decided to change my PC case to Cooler master H500 ARGB case. I moved everything from my Phenteks case to the Cooler master H500 case, powered it ON and everything was working fine.
Two 200mm fans that came with the case have RGB pins combined in a single connector. Now that connecter further has two out pins, one is tagged for Gigabyte motherboards and other is for asus and MSI as in
the image. I connected the power pins of the fans on the board and the cable that is tagged with gigabyte (3 pins) on my motherboard's 12V GRB (4 pins) slot by leaving the last pin. At this point my pc was working fine, fans were spinning. The only issue was the LEDs on the H500 cooler master case 200 mm fans were kind of dim and were not changing colors.
So now i messed up. What i did was, while the PC was running i also plugged the
other cable Labeled as Asus and MSI ( and meant for those), with different pin head into VDG Pin of the motherboard along with the Gigabyte labeled cable :(. As soon as i plugged this one in, my pc shut down. Now when i power it up, nothing happens, no light on Motherboard nor on Graphics card lights :(

This is what i have tested so far with no luck
  • Removed everything, and CMOS cell, put back togather, no sign of life.
  • Tested my PSU by paper clip test, PSU fans spin fine.

Question, If motherboard is dead, is it possible that my GPU lights also don't lit up?

Please i request to experts to help me on this :(. If you need any further images and information from me, i can provide.

Solution
Ah fixed it too.. it was taking long because main Bios was srill corrupted and it was loading from backup bios. Fixed main bios from the switches on the Board. for yhefuture person, if you are having the same problem, do let me know..happy to help

moazzamkhalid

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
It turned out, the bios firmware got corrupted, used Qflash and it got fixed. Everything is up and running again.
Only one issue, its taking longer to boot now. When powered on, mother board stays at 00 code for a while and then boots. Any solution?

moazzamkhalid

Prominent
Dec 19, 2020
Ah fixed it too.. it was taking long because main Bios was srill corrupted and it was loading from backup bios. Fixed main bios from the switches on the Board. for yhefuture person, if you are having the same problem, do let me know..happy to help

Solution