Gigabyte Unveils AORUS X470 Gaming 7 WiFi Motherboard For Zen+ Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
An m.2 drive fits perfectly under a GPU and doesn't interfere with multi GPU setups and that "plastic shroud" under the 1st gpu slot doesn't get in the way of a full size card so what's the big deal?

It's there to shield and cool which gives the user more headroom for overclocking without frying the VRM's on the board.

I'm looking forward to replacing my 5820k with Ryzen or more specifically threadripper later this year. I doubt I'll be buying this motherboard but that being said I wouldn't complain about it either.

Some of you are acting like they don't test all these things extensively before shipping...don't be ridiculous.

drrdc30

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

Yes, of course that is a typo. That said, I don't care about how good (or bad) this board is. All I care about is that AMD processors are still crap for gaming.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

Well, let's be patient and let benches (esp. real-world gaming) decide the gaming-worthiness of X470 and moreover, AMD's 2nd-gen Ryzen 2000 CPUs that will be mated to those boards before calling them out just yet...

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
Glad to see Mobo manufacturers putting more of an emphasis on VRM cooling. Cant wait to see what clock speed improvements we can expect from Ryzen + If we can get to 4.3/4.5 OC'd with ram support of 4000+ I can finally switch from intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.