[SOLVED] Gigabyte Vision RTX 3070 is overheating

Jan 23, 2021
Hi!
I built my first PC a few days ago. Everything is fine and well, except for the graphics card. It constantly overheats when I play Cyberpunk (87-92 Celsius) or CS GO (80-87 Celsius). I play on a 4k 60 ghz display. Are these temperatures okay? Or should something be fixed? Maybe my PC is not properly cooled? Should I add more fans to the pc case? Sorry for so many questions, but it’s my first time and I would be glad to hear any advice, suggestions. My specs are:
• Gigabyte Z490 Vision mother Board
• be quite base 500 with a tempered glass and two preinstalled fans
• i7 10700 kf
• Be Quiet Pure Power 11 700 w
• HyperX Fury Black DDR4 DIMM 3200Mhz PC-25600 CL16 - 32Gb Kit
• Arctic freezer 7x air cooler
• Gigabyte Vision RTX 3070 8 GB OC

Solution
They might help, they might not.
Install a fan in the rear and 2 up top - all exhaust, and remove that 'hatch' up top so that the heated air has an easier time getting out.

See, gpu cooling is usually the main problem with chassis that have those front panel styles. Cooling isn't the reason to get models like the Pure Base 500.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Pure Base 500
Pure Base 500DX

If it's the first one, I'm not surprised.
If it's the 2nd one, you might need to RMA that card, because it's either a bad paste job, missing thermal pads, or there's some screws loose causing improper contact...
Although, you could fix 2/3 of those on your own...

Reactions: Rebecapologini
Jan 23, 2021
Pure Base 500
Pure Base 500DX

If it's the first one, I'm not surprised.
If it's the 2nd one, you might need to RMA that card, because it's either a bad paste job, missing thermal pads, or there's some screws loose causing improper contact...
Although, you could fix 2/3 of those on your own...
I have Pure Base 500. Won’t installation of additional fans help? Or should I change the case?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Install a fan in the rear and 2 up top - all exhaust, and remove that 'hatch' up top so that the heated air has an easier time getting out.

See, gpu cooling is usually the main problem with chassis that have those front panel styles. Cooling isn't the reason to get models like the Pure Base 500.

Reactions: Rebecapologini
Solution
Jan 23, 2021

Thanks for the answer. Now I at least know what to do!

TRENDING THREADS