Question gigabyte vision rtx 3070 vertical mount questions

May 5, 2020
Hello,
I want to mount my gigabyte RTX 3070 vision vertically to complete the whole look. I want to use a vertical bracket with a pci-e riser cable. 2 questions arise to which I'm having a hard time finding answers:
  • Will my GPU be limited by pcie-3.0 riser?
  • Will my GPU fit vertically below noctua nh-d15?
I have asked fractal design support however a week passed and I have yet to hear a response.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

May 5, 2020
You wont see a fps difference between the pcie3.0 and4.0
What bracket are you buying and what case do you have?
I have the fractal meshify 2
I have had the opportunity to test fit the cooler master universal vertical bracket ver. 2 and it did not fit.
Right now I'm thinking of buying the fractal riser

Typically with vertical gpu mounts,the top of the graphics card the should be on the top expansion slot.
In other words,the top of the GPU should be aligned with the bottom of the rear I/O shield in your Fractal design meshify 2 case.
So if the NHD-15 goes below your I/O shield,that means you are going to have clearance issue's with any bracket honestly.
I hope you understood what i said since its kinda difficult to put it in words.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Or just, IDK, look up pics of NH-D15_vertical gpu?
iu

iu

iu

Reactions: Ven25
May 5, 2020
Typically with vertical gpu mounts,the top of the graphics card the should be on the top expansion slot.
In other words,the top of the GPU should be aligned with the bottom of the rear I/O shield in your Fractal design meshify 2 case.
So if the NHD-15 goes below your I/O shield,that means you are going to have clearance issue's with any bracket honestly.
I hope you understood what i said since its kinda difficult to put it in words.

It very well goes beyond the io-shield however as the sample pictures of cases with nh-d15 and vertical gpus indicate that's not true.

I understand the airfrlow implications, hence the want for a vertical mount kit
On the 3rd 'spoiler' @Phaaze88 sent you can really see how it would be with a mounting kit.So i think you will have to buy a bigger case for this to work.
I think something like JayzTwoCents did in his video will work.
Skip to 19:20 and you will see that the way he mounted the gpu was at a 45 degree angle,but the problem is i dont know where you can get that sort of bracket,since he didnt link it in the description.

Edit: Having it at a 45 Degree angle would decrease the GPU's height,making it not interfere with the NHD 15

May 5, 2020
I just took out a measuring tape and if the vertical kit will let me mount the gpu on the second highest expantion thing then I will have a couple of mm of clearence between the most sagging point of nh-d15 and the gpu

Reactions: Dj0gany
May 5, 2020
I just took out a measuring tape and if the vertical kit will let me mount the gpu on the second highest expantion thing then I will have a couple of mm of clearence between the most sagging point of nh-d15 and the gpu
Imma buy the fractal B-20. I'll let you know when it arrives whether it fits.

Thank you for all of the help

Reactions: Dj0gany
Nice,so there is clearance.Even if its a little bit,its enough.
Those expansion things are called expansion slots.In a normal mid tower case,there is 7 of them.Bigger ones can have 8,9,smaller ones can have 5,small office pc's have 2,3.you get the point.

TRENDING THREADS