[SOLVED] Gigabyte Windforce GTX770 thermal pads thickness

Nite01

Prominent
Jul 10, 2021
I disassembled this card in the past, and I remember there were thermal pads on a few locations (I can provide pictures if needed).
At the time I didn't have replacements, and I just changed the thermal paste of the gpu, and left the old thermal pads in place.
Now, after a couple of years, I am planning to disassemble it again because the fans are really noisy and I want to replace them.
In the process I'd like to also replace the thermal pads, as they are likely to tear, and are for sure dirty.

Does anybody know the thickness of the thermal pads present on this video card ?
The exact model is this one : https://www.gigabyte.com/it/Graphics-Card/GV-N770OC-2GD#ov

Also, are thermal pads all the same or are there "better" brands to choose from ?

Thanks

Solution
I believe most gpu thermal pads are 1.5mm in thickness. Ive used 2mm with no problem so far.

You could use arctic or gelid thermal pads so long as they are non conductive, but imo those pink cheap no brand ones do the job well enough.

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
I believe most gpu thermal pads are 1.5mm in thickness. Ive used 2mm with no problem so far.

You could use arctic or gelid thermal pads so long as they are non conductive, but imo those pink cheap no brand ones do the job well enough.

Reactions: Nite01
Solution