Gigabyte x370 K5 Rear Audio I/O not working

AngeNoir0324

Notable
Apr 28, 2017
Recently I moved My ryzen 1600 to a x370 mobo, and after doing a BIOS update to F22 from the stock one at shipping, my rear Audio I/O has stopped working. My USB headset still works, but the rear speaker will not give any sound, or even show up in the audio options on the task bar.

References for you guys: https://imgur.com/gallery/r3OpDFv.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, but it appears that the port itself is disabled and I don't know how to enable it. Please, if you can help, I would really appreciate it, because my monitor will suffice for now, but it hurts to watch stuff on those speakers.

Solution
Should be on by default but did you check in BIOS if onboard sound is enabled ? USB sound devices don't use sound chip on MB, they have own CODEC chip. On that picture, none of devices use onboard sound.
Your MB uses Realtek® ALC1220 codec, does it show in Device manager and Sound properties ?

AngeNoir0324

Notable
Apr 28, 2017

Sure, but it was *just* working, which is what confuses me. Thanks anyway

Should be on by default but did you check in BIOS if onboard sound is enabled ? USB sound devices don't use sound chip on MB, they have own CODEC chip. On that picture, none of devices use onboard sound.
Your MB uses Realtek® ALC1220 codec, does it show in Device manager and Sound properties ?

Solution

AngeNoir0324

Notable
Apr 28, 2017

Thanks, that is exactly what it was, sorry for the trouble. I thought that I had checked the BIOS for those kinds of options, but I guess I missed it.