[SOLVED] Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI 5 with Ryzen 3900x

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI 5 motherboard. I am planning to buy a Ryzen 3900x to build my new PC. Does it will be compatible? Can I over clock with it up to 4.6 ghz?

Gigabyte stated that it has a 8+3 phase power delivery system (8+3 Phase Hybrid Digital PWM Design). But a you tube video stated that, it has actually 4+3 phase power delivery system. Is it true?

Solution
I have a Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI 5 motherboard. I am planning to buy a Ryzen 3900x to build my new PC. Does it will be compatible? Can I over clock with it up to 4.6 ghz?

Gigabyte stated that it has a 8+3 phase power delivery system (8+3 Phase Hybrid Digital PWM Design). But a you tube video stated that, it has actually 4+3 phase power delivery system. Is it true?
There are so called "Doublers" and it could be both without anybody actually lying. but more of advertising gimmick form Gigabyte and other manufacturers. Yo may call it 4 (with doubler) +3 phases, works like it has actually 8 phases although it's not that simple.
I don't think it will run 12 cores to it's full potential.

There are so called "Doublers" and it could be both without anybody actually lying. but more of advertising gimmick form Gigabyte and other manufacturers. Yo may call it 4 (with doubler) +3 phases, works like it has actually 8 phases although it's not that simple.
I don't think it will run 12 cores to it's full potential.

Reactions: rhasan101010
Solution