[SOLVED] GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA Which RAM slots dual channel?

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Printed on the MOBO labeled for memory slots is

Now since dual channel is either 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 it would seem I need to do just that BUT since this board is printed this way 1 and 3 are next to each other in #1 and #2..

What's the deal here?

From the manual:

This motherboard provides four memory sockets and supports Dual Channel Technology. After the memory is installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the specifications and capacity of the memory. Enabling Dual Channel memory mode will double the original memory bandwidth.The four memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory sockets as following:Channel A: DDR4_2, DDR4_4Channel B: DDR4_1, DDR4_3

So in your case if you only have two sticks of memory you would want to use slots 3 and 4 or 1 and 2.

weatherphobia

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
From the manual:

So in your case if you only have two sticks of memory you would want to use slots 3 and 4 or 1 and 2.

Thank you, AGAIN! :)

But on a personal note, in your opinion, don't you find it strange that it's printed on the MOBO
?
I've built 5 computers in my under a half century year old and this is the first one I've come across that label/organized them like this...mind you 5 aint a lot in this department,