Discussion GIGABYTE x470 Gaming 5 - VGA System Error Light

Mar 26, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Im dealing with a issue where I am not getting any signal sent to my monitor, and my computer is failing to POST.

At first, I got a CPU motherboard system error light. I reseated the CPU and fan, and that error light went away.

After fixing the CPU error light, the motherboard is now displaying a VGA system error light.

I have tried switching my GPU to another 16 slot PCI port, and tried booting the PC without the GPU plugged in at all. Still no luck.

The VGA motherboard light is still not going away and I cannot POST at all.

I have also tried clearing the CMOS numerous times still with no luck.

I know all of my components are compatible (RAM, CPU, Motherboard, etc - Used PC Part Picker), so my last ditch effort is to try booting with a brand new GPU (That iI was purchasing anyways before this issue.)

If the new GPU doesnt fix the issue, im forced to buy a new motherboard?

Any thoughts? Please help im desperate.

What specs would be it?
CPU-
Motherboard-
Ram-
GPU-
PSU-
Storage-

What does happen if you remove all ram sticks?
I could suggest you to leave 1 ram stick installed, and if it does not boot with that slot, to move it onto another slot and re-try until you test with all of your ram sticks.

Mar 26, 2019
Hey RememberThe5th,

Thanks for the reply,

My Specs are the following:
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard- Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 5 WIFI ATX AM4
Ram- Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz C16
GPU- EVGA GTX 950 SSC (Might be broken) I tried booting without and same problem occurred so not a factor
PSU- EVGA 750 GQ Gold Semi Modular
Storage- 1 TB Western Digital

I will try the Ram stick solution and see if I get any luck and will let you know.

Thanks for the help on this

Best--