Question Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite....or?

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
I could use a little perspective; I have gathered all the components for a new build except for the MB. My original selection was the Elite (above), but unfortunately it is out of stock.

I liked the Gigabyte MBs as they have good VRM and Intel Ethernet Controller. This board only has 2 system fan sockets, and I have three case fans, so that is a potential problem. Other components include 3700X, a couple of NVMe SSDs and 32G RAM. I should mention that I do not plan on overclocking the CPU, but maybe RAM.

In looking at alternatives there are a few:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus - in stock, but Realtek Controller....$189.
Gigabyte X570 Elite WiFi - I don't need WiFi, and this board is $10 more than the Elite, still with 2 fan headers....$216.
Gigabyte X570 Pro WiFi - Still don't need WiFi; Gigabyte makes a non-WiFi version, but no one seems to have it, 3 fan controllers.....$238

I have read some things about the Realtek versus the Intel. I do not know much at all about the impact. The question is am I way over thinking this?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have read some things about the Realtek versus the Intel. I do not know much at all about the impact. The question is am I way over thinking this?
Maybe - but it's good to be critical.

Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
I opted for this one myself, because the GB Gaming X and the TUF IMO are the best value for money, they are a mid range that offer a good amount of features that the higher end do, and more than the lower end that aren't much cheaper.

I found Gamers Nexus did a good view of it - from about 21:00 onwards they talk about these boards:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyuS04lD4o

vwcrusher

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks for the reply; yes, I did watch that and the Buildzoid ones as well.
I listed the MBs and prices as at this point in the buying process an extra few $$ is negligible.

So the Realtek controller isn't a problem at all?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Thanks for the reply; yes, I did watch that and the Buildzoid ones as well.
I listed the MBs and prices as at this point in the buying process an extra few $$ is negligible.

So the Realtek controller isn't a problem at all?
Problem? Absolutely not.

Is there a difference? Debatable maybe, but I would probably say you wouldn't notice a difference, especially maybe in gaming applications. Admittedly I'm not a great person to answer networking.

From what I've seen - one could arguye the Intel ones work better as they have better integration with the OS and third parties and therefore less issues - but again from personal experience, I've never had an issue with my Realtek ones and I've not had an issue at all with the TUF. They're both governed by the same standards ultimately.