Question Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - PC Crashed, booting but no post.

Oct 14, 2020
Hi!
So today I finally got to use my brand new PC after waiting for a new GPU to arrive.
The specs are as followed:

X570 Aorus Elite.
Ryzen 9 3900x
1660 Super Asus dual.
32g memory 3600hz.
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 Evo plus

After finishing installing everything (updates and drivers) I decided its time to try OverClocking it.

At first I tried pushing both core clock + memory clock up and up until I reached up to +200Mhz using MSI afterburner.
Thats when my PC crashed completly and restarted it self.. the moment it got back up, I lowered both core and memory to 170 Mhz and everything seemes fine and dandy from that point.
I hopped into an Arma 3 game and tested it for 2 hours with no problems at all, the game was perfectly smooth without any glitches.
After playing for 2 hours, I closed the game, and my PC froze and crashed.
It didnt go past loading phase so I tried going into BIOs and run it on safe mode.
As I entered my bios it asked me to pick where my OS is located, I hit my NVMe, and it said "No operating system detected, press any key". Even though its the only storage I have on my pc.
I restarted my pc to go into bios again but from that point on, my PC refuses to post.
The monitor works, everything on the PC seems like it works. (RGB + fans boot up)
I tried switching GPUs, but nothing seemed to work.. I tried tightening the cooler on my CPU.
I tried reseting the CMOS with a screw. I even pulled out the battery for a good 30 minutes.
And still, my PC refuses to post. The only thing shown on my monitor is "display port no signal" and it goes to sleep.. I tried swapping monitors too.

I also tried pulling out RAM sticks. Thought Ill mention it.. my pc didnt budge. Other than being stuck on a reset loop when i leave 1 ram stick in.

At this point im suspecting that my CPU died on me, or theres a problem with the bios I just cant fix. This post is my last shout for help before Ill have to hand in my computer to the lab tomorrow.. lucky me I have warranty..
Any help will be really appreciated! Help me save up some money if thats possible at this point.

EDIT : Ended up taking my computer to the lab to get it looked at, I still have warranty so I have nothing to lose. I will keep updating this post in case someone in the future ends up having the same issue.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020
Aorus P850W 80plus gold. Ill give the cables a peek and Ill cry if a loose cable was the issue.
EDIT : Well sadly a loose cable was not the issue.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020
Ended up taking my computer to the lab to get it fixed.
it ended up being a dead CPU, it was either faulty to begin with, or I somehow killed it with 170 Mhz overclocking..
I for sure wont be overclocking anymore.
Issue solved I guess.