Review Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Review: Expansion and M.2 Aplenty

Now I might be wrong, but wouldn't it more useful to review more mainstream (i.e. affordable) motherboards that actually sell a lot of units? I'd like to see comparisons, pros and cons, unique features, etc, of motherboards in the mainstream X570 segment. For example, surely the Aorus Elite X570 is going to sell a lot more units than this thing... and thus would more than likely garner a lot more interest for a review than these expensive niche products?

Reactions: TJ Hooker

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
^Yes, please. Every ridiculous MSI Godlike motherboard and its ilk gets reviewed but most of the boards people actually want to buy are lacking.

Might not be entirely TH's fault though. They may be mostly reviewing whatever companies choose to send them, in which case maybe the manufacturers tend to sample their high end halo products.

Edit: Ah, I thought the Master was the top tier Gigabyte X570 board but that's the Extreme. So at least this board isn't something from a completely ridiculous price category. Still agree that the Elite would be a more popular board to review though.

Sn3akr

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Where i live taxes and crap bumps up the price to 560 $ us converted.. At that price I've long lost interest, It's sad, but enthusiast parts have just gotten insanely expensive over the last decade, with prices rising far more than the average income., but it's not as insane as the phones market still.

Dec 2, 2019
"While we generally recommend having a pair of USB 2.0 ports on the I/O panel to interface a keyboard and mouse without eating heavily into chipset I/O resources, we’ve no clue what you'd do with the other two here. "
Well i have the mouse, keyboard, Xbox One controller Wi-fi adapter and an micro USB cable for DS4 controller charging (when needed).
I found them quite useful, since i can spear the USB3 ports, not required for these devices :)

Cableaddict

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2014
Over a year later, and this is still one of the very few viable x570 options if you need Thundebolt.
-But what an incredibly stupid build. Even without using a TB3 card, this board only offers 18 of the 24 available cpu-direct PCIe lanes. That's insane. If you want to put a TB3 card into cpu-direct lanes (a very good idea) then you lose ANOTHER six cpu-direct lanes. And yet, this might STILL be the best TB3 option available. It's sickening.