Question Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro: Ram frequency not being applied after updating to BIOS Version F30

Sep 26, 2020
So I bought the x570 aorus pro and just installed it into my system, I'm running 16GB of Corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz RAM (2 x 8GB). I was on version F11 for the first day and manually set the frequency, timings and DRAM voltage to it's advertised values. But I would most of the time get put into a boot loop. I set it down to 2933Mhz and it worked right the first time. The next day I was playing a game and the computer crashed. I decided that I would update the bios to version F30. As of updating none of my changes to RAM frequency are being applied, the DRAM voltage changes and the timings changes are applied but the frequency stays at 2133MHZ despite the multiplier being 29.33 still. When i save an exit the system doesn't do multiple reboots like usual and boots straight to windows as if I just did a standard restart. If anyone knows a way I can fix this I very much appreciate it, I'll also leave my system specs below.

MOTHERBOARD - X570 Aorus Pro
CPU - R5 2600X
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz C15
PSU - Corsair CX650M
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060

So I bought the x570 aorus pro and just installed it into my system, I'm running 16GB of Corsair vengeance lpx 3000MHz RAM (2 x 8GB). I was on version F11 for the first day and manually set the frequency, timings and DRAM voltage to it's advertised values. But I would most of the time get put into a boot loop. I set it down to 2933Mhz and it worked right the first time. The next day I was playing a game and the computer crashed. I decided that I would update the bios to version F30. As of updating none of my changes to RAM frequency are being applied, the DRAM voltage changes and the timings changes are applied but the frequency stays at 2133MHZ despite the multiplier being 29.33 still. When i save an exit the system doesn't do multiple reboots like usual and boots straight to windows as if I just did a standard restart. If anyone knows a way I can fix this I very much appreciate it, I'll also leave my system specs below.

MOTHERBOARD - X570 Aorus Pro
CPU - R5 2600X
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz C15
PSU - Corsair CX650M
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060
Why do you fiddle manually with the RAM settings, in place of simply enabling XMP in Bios ?
Enabling XMP should activate the correct speed and timings for your RAM automatically .
Look on page 29 of the manual for your mobo
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-aorus-pro-wifi_v2_e.pdf

Reactions: kurdtnz
Even when I enable xmp profile I still get the same problem.
Did you do a clear CMOS before enabling XMP ?
If not I would start by doing the clear CMOS, and try again to enable XMP after that ?
Furthermore, I just realized that you try to use RAM with an odd Cas latency (15).
Ryzen does not like that. Can you find in the memory settings in Bios an option to disable Gear Down . If yes chose 'disable' and try again.

EDIT: and good question by kurdtnz

Reactions: kurdtnz