Question Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro red LED light on startup

Oct 13, 2021
Hello All,

This question is more out of curiosity or rather my paranoia about stability of my system as a whole.

My PC is kinda taking its time to "activate" I would say. Dont get me wrong, after a few seconds it posts and functions as it should (I think), but at the booting up process, the red light on MOBO always lights up, and monitor gets signal after 3-5 seconds.
(edit: I went and measured the time and its solid 10 seconds until monitor starts working)

So this started happening after I went and changed the thermal paste on CPU. Before that, the monitor would light up right away, and the red LED light would light up mostly after power outage, or very rarely on start up. Now it just takes more time for some reason. Could the cause be that I just didnt plug something in correctly (GPU, RAMs, maybe the cooler??)?

Same thing with the RGB settings on fans, CPU cooler, RAMs and case. They always start in their default mode, and afterwards they change colors according the setup (before they already had the setup color right after hitting the power button).

Also quite often after I log into the Windows, and try to open file explorer (at any point in time, even after few hours of system running), it doesnt respond for the first 10 seconds, and then works as if nothing happened. Like it needs to somehow turn the drives on or something.

Is this all somehow connected?

For the record, its my very first desktop that I built myself, so there is a fair possibility I made a mistake somewhere.
I would really love to troubleshoot this and have a 100% PC, with everything working as it was supposed to.

I appreciate everyone willing to help me with this pettiness of mine. :)

System specs in case it would be needed:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950X
GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Super (mounted vertically with riser cable for clearance issues)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro (non-wifi)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200Mhz CL16 (2x16GB)
SSDs (not in RAID):
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 256GB (System)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
HDD: Seagate Exos 7E8 6TB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 P2 (Platinum)
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
Case: Gigabyte Aorus C300 Glass

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY