Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2019
Basic Question: what exactly happened to my motherboard?

So I build a pc for the first time and never owned a pc before, total noob. I have many questions but in this one I would like to know what exactly happened to my motherboard?

What happened: I only had updated bios to F5, changed one front fan setting from cpu to system 1 cuz it seemed like it had higher numbers than the other 2 since I plugged it in a sys fan pump header, enabled cpu temp warning, and I enable xmp because I went online and read that was how to get my ram to its 3200 speed because it shows as 2133. Nothing was going different from when I had not changed any settings and ram stayed at 2133. When I put my pc to sleep the pc seemed like it turned off and when I tried to use it, rgb lit up and fans spinned but nothing on screen. The red led stayed on boot so I though I needed to wait. After an awkwardly wait nothing happened so I tried to turn off using the case button and it wouldn't turn off until I decided to hold the button. By this time I was freaking out! I turned it on and pressed the del key to access bios and noticed that it was back to Bios F3. I was just relieved things worked so I redid the previous settings above (idk know y i redid the xmp but Im too scared to turn it off now), and proceeded to continue using my pc.
I was reading questions to solve other problems and saw a post about dual bios, backup bios, corrupted bios and how their bios went back to previous version. IDK what any of this means.

I'm freaking out questions:
So, am I currently using what they say is a backup bios and how to check? did my original bios get corrupted? if it crashes again will my mb stop working completely? how do I get back to using an original non corrupted bios so if it happens again it can use a safe backup?

Status
Not open for further replies.