Question gigabyte x570 elite aorus not booting up or giving power to peripherals

Status
Not open for further replies.

cris_cs7

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Hi all,
I build yesterday a system with
  1. aorus elite x570
  2. ryzen 5 3600x
  3. 32 gb ram (2x corsair sticks)
Initially it worked fine all day yesterday, installed windows and so on.
Sometimes monitor did not pick up the hdmi signal from graphic card and had to shut down, start pc again.

Anyway today to my surprise system does not boot up !!!
Keyboard does not receive any light (power potentially), fans are working both chasis and cpu fans, but cannot go to bios or receive any video signal

I tried:
  1. remove ram stick, change slots
  2. remove grpahic card, to see if keyboard will receive light at least, still did not help
  3. checked all power cables, atx 12v is set, atx is set (also power is used fine... at least cpu fan chasis fans are spinning ...)
  4. removed all hard drives assuming keyboard might turn on and maybe corrupted windows..., still did not happen no video signal cannot reach bios
How can I troubleshoot the issue and fix it ?Looking forward to some advice as is driving me crazy on my first build -)....

PS: Cannot upload video here but might upload to other site later so you can see the open chasis. Basically motherboard orange light is on, cpu fan is working, chasis fans are working. After some seconds, they stop and restart (barely noticable but mostly from the sound, so seems like infinite restart and never reaches the phase of powering keyboard the devices and bringing signal to hdmi)

I am going crazy as payed a lot of money too.
I don't know how I can tell if problem is in motherboard or cpu died ..., , but mostly what surprised me is that exactly same configuration worked one day before, and pc was not moved physically at all...

Also where can I connect a buzzer to aorus x570 elite, maybe i hear some beep to debug easier... From manual I don't know where I can add buzzer. I connected normal speaker to front audio, also to motherboard audio but hear 0 beep even when pc is "powered up", and fans start to work

Thanks!!!

cris_cs7

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
@g-unit1111 I have connected only one ssd, and one older sata 3 hdd. I also disconnected both of them in one of the tests, hoping to get pas POST and reach BIOS but did not work.

Then next test was I removed GPU, hoping to get light power on keyboard, did not work again.
Then next test removed 1 ram stick, then the other one, then changed channels still did not work..

cris_cs7

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
I am in a very stressful situation as can return things back only within 14 days after purchase, and now is last day.

I don't know what to return, is cpu dead or motherboard faulty...

I assume power supply is ok as fans are spinning, cpu fan and 2 chasis fans and motherboard get power turns on its lights...
Ram was working fine, actually entire system as mentioned for jus 1 day, then suddenly started not to POST anymore on next morning....

g-unit1111

Titan
I am in a very stressful situation as can return things back only within 14 days after purchase, and now is last day.

I don't know what to return, is cpu dead or motherboard faulty...

I assume power supply is ok as fans are spinning, cpu fan and 2 chasis fans and motherboard get power turns on its lights...
Ram was working fine, actually entire system as mentioned for jus 1 day, then suddenly started not to POST anymore on next morning....

I would say it's very likely that something got shorted out somewhere but the hard part is without your computer right in front of me, figuring out what the exact problem is could be difficult to pinpoint. The CPU is most likely not the problem (they very rarely are).

Can you look on the motherboard LED and find out if it's giving any POST codes at all? That will most likely tell what the culprit is.

cris_cs7

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
Thanks for replies. @g-unit1111 I cannot see any post code in mobo x570 aorus elite... It has no build in speaker to beep,also all le lights on the back are turned on in orange color and stay on, no blink nothing. Fans spin up take power for some seconds, then i notice that sound restarts (fan sound) and fans start spinning over. This loop happens infinitely

cris_cs7

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
@logain The PSU is 750 Watt Corsair RMx Series RM750x .

I think of returning back all the items tomorrow as last day of possible return... as entire thing seem weird. And I hope shop to refund me too.

What I mostly don't understand and still woul like to learn is what is happening.
Also the weirds is that pc worked for 1 day, I installe windows, few games to test also. Worked partially ok. I mention partially because sometimes video signal did not go to monitor.

I thought monitor was faulty and shut down both pc monitor and turn on again, then hdmi signal went fine to monitor. When pc was open it worked very smooth, in games also in moderate load.
The next day, (without moving the case or any physical change...) presented the problem that I posted here, just does not POST anymore

Nov 28, 2021
Welcome to the club! You have what I believe is the all to common failure to boot issue with Gigabyte X570 motherboards. There really is no good news with this. In my case I got ten months of normal working and then the failure to boot issue started. At first I could clear the bios and then it would usually boot. But it continued to get worse, I got into a routine of switching off the mains power and leaving the PC for several hours then it would generally boot up. But even this eventually failed to work. Currently the only way I can get a boot up is to remove the CMOS battery, close the Bios reset pins ( I use a power switch and cable from a scrap PC case with a clothes peg on the switch to hold it in the closed position) and then wait at least an hour or more. Then it will boot most times. I have very carefully fault tested the PC, I have changed or disconnected anything I can without any improvement. I can't swap the CPU or memory because I do not have any alternatives parts available. Bios updates make no difference.
I have now given up and bought an MSI motherboard. I cannot think of anything more I can do with the original Gigabyte motherboard (except throw it in the e waste skip at the local council tip).
Before you buy a new board I recommend typing the boards make and model into google adding the word problem. You will find loads of forum posts from people with the same or similar issues, especially Gigabyte but also Asus as well to a lesser extent. I did not find forum posts in this regard for the MSI motherboards. Building computers is supposed to be a fun hobby, but scraping a £185 motherboard really hurts. I would like to wish you good luck and hope you get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.