[SOLVED] Gigabyte X570 Gaming X keeps rebooting

thegame1324

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Hello everyone

First time posting here so please forgive me if I missed anything.

I recently bought a X570 Gaming X Motherboard from Amazon and with everything setup, the Motherboard will keep rebooting itself after a short while (please see video here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aX_gUrvHMZfGu2xGA0Nx2NEu5Mxb-YfU?usp=sharing) and display monitor will stay black (displaying nothing connected).

If I remove the RAM stick, the Motherboard will stay on but nothing will happen either (connected display monitor keeps saying no signal). I have already checked the CPU installation (please see in GDrive), unplug/plug back in the power cables, restart CMOS battery, put in one RAM stick in one of 4 RAM slot each but so far no luck.

The currently connected devices to the Motherboard:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4 3200MHZ
Thermaltake 600W PSU

I have opened a support ticket from Gigabyte but it will take them 3-5 business days to response (from the website...) so I thought I would come here for help.

Do you happen to have any suggestions on what maybe wrong or what else I should try? In case of bad mobo, what is a different brand/make/model that you would suggest?

Thank you very much for your time and have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:

thegame1324

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
You need to buy and install a graphics card because the Ryzen 5 3600 does not incorporate a graphics chip (hence black screen).

Hi Phillip,

Thank you for your reply and you're right! I actually have a GPU (MSI RTX2060 Ventus OC) but during my process to find out what's wrong I slowly took out the components.

Now this morning, I put in the GPU, plugin the HDMI cable to the GPU (as suggested), turn on the desktop, same behavior (mobo would turn on for a bit and turn off, this is what I got before as well with the GPU plugged in). Then out of frustration I just leave it there and after a while it actually boot into Bios setting for the mobo (?!)

So today I learn that the Gigabyte X570 Gaming X has a weird power cycle on booting up and you will have to give it time to start...