[SOLVED] Gigabyte X570 Gaming X X.M.P. feature seems to do nothing

Tdlk

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
Hi everyone, I recently learned about X.M.P. and have been tirelessly trying to get my ram to function at 3600mhz instead of 2667mhz.
Specs
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X
AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz
GTX 1660 Ti.
BIOS version F11

I have my ram placed in A2 B2 slots, I have X.M.P. enabled in the bios, the preset profile1 provided, triple checked to make sure I saved my changes. I'm not sure what else to do so now I'm here.
Help much appreciated, thanks guys.

EDIT: I managed to dig up my ram model number CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18, and it doesn't seem to be on my mobo's QVL list. Does this mean I'm just SOL and have to buy new sticks? Looks like the max I can go is 3200. I'm very new to this stuff so I'm nervous about tweaking stuff in BIOS.

Last edited:
Solution
Checked the frequency using wmic.

It seems like it defaulted to 1.35v which didn't seem to work, other than that I'm not really sure what to change to pump it up to 3600mhz.

I managed to get it to run at 3200mhz, unfortunately idk how to play around with the bios well enough to get it up to 3600mhz. I just lowered the memory multiplier to 3.2 as all the QVL ram sticks seemed to max out at 3200mhz. There must be a way to jack this thing up to 3600mhz though since the mobo says it supports up to 3600mhz and even 4000mhz.
You can put up the voltage to 1.4v other than that I don't know. I did see a memory tweaking tool/guide somewhere on guru3d maybe.
I'm not convinced there is a whole lot of performance difference between...

Tdlk

Prominent
Oct 5, 2019
after you turn on xmp where did you see it does nothing?

I have heard of some memory XMP profiles with missing voltage entry so it tries to use 1.2v, fails, and reverts to default speed. It sounds like you will need to manually enter the memory configuration into the bios
It seems like it defaulted to 1.35v which didn't seem to work, other than that I'm not really sure what to change to pump it up to 3600mhz.

I managed to get it to run at 3200mhz, unfortunately idk how to play around with the bios well enough to get it up to 3600mhz. I just lowered the memory multiplier to 3.2 as all the QVL ram sticks seemed to max out at 3200mhz. There must be a way to jack this thing up to 3600mhz though since the mobo says it supports up to 3600mhz and even 4000mhz.

You can put up the voltage to 1.4v other than that I don't know. I did see a memory tweaking tool/guide somewhere on guru3d maybe.
I'm not convinced there is a whole lot of performance difference between 3200Mhz and 3600Mhz ram, but I guess it is something.

Solution