[SOLVED] Gigabyte X570 I Pro WIFI Slow Boot Times on M.2 SSD

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
Hello, I recently built a new PC and I am having issues with boot times. In an other MSI build I did I was using a SATA Samsung SSD and got very short boot times, however now I am getting boot times of 17 seconds+ on an M.2 SSD. When I turn on the computer, it seems to take a while to post. It sits at a blinking cursor for a while and then finally shows the Aorus logo. Any thoughts?

Specs:
Gigabyte X570 I Pro Wifi Aorus
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
16GB 3200MHZ Corsair LPX
Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500GB

Solution
Try installing Samsung's own NVME drivers and remove the Windows ones. Also, bit obvious but check your startup apps with task manager. Also check your PCIE speed is set to 4x in the BIOS. It sometimes can be set to 2x for M.2

SubZeroFlsh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2014
Try installing Samsung's own NVME drivers and remove the Windows ones. Also, bit obvious but check your startup apps with task manager. Also check your PCIE speed is set to 4x in the BIOS. It sometimes can be set to 2x for M.2

Solution
Jul 24, 2019
I have exactly the same problem with the same Motherboard, CPU,SSD and GPU. Something else I have found on mine that is strange, is the fact that I can't get into the bios in any Way so there could be a problem with the bios.

Latest posts