Question Gigabyte X570 Master has power but will not start up

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I've been using this PC for about 8 months, zero issues. Consists of 5600X, 1080Ti, 850G2 Supernova, 4x4GB (16GB) Trident-Z, 980 Pro 1TB NVMe.

I went to wake up the PC, moved the mouse, I could see the RAM led illuminated, but no fans.

I turned it off, unplugged the PSU, waited 1 min, plugged it in, turned on the PSU, pressed the power button on the case, I could see the RAM light up, power light is on, no codes, only a click.

SecjDTK.jpg

I replaced the CMOS battery, no resolve.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I checked the voltage from the CPU socket on the PSU with my DMM, didn't see any voltage, could be the culprit. Went to jump the 24 pin harness but my jumper block connects the 3rd and 4th pin, not the 4th and 5th.....is that correct?

i6pwr

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
After waiting a few hours, I went back to see what I could find out. I unplugged everything from the PSU except the CPU and MB and the PC started to run.

Once I connected the GPU, then it wouldn't start. I unplugged one GPU 8-pin at a time and it seems the PC will run with the RH 8-pin (farthest from the back of the case) bit will not work with the LH 8-pin.

I tried another cable, also a different socket on the PSU.

So then problem lies with the GPU and having the LH 8-pin connected.

I guess I could remove the cooler and take a look, but curious if anyone has had this issue.

The GPU in question is a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

petercli

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
I have same problem . I have a GA z97x . I see the red light but the CPU fan does not spin. I removed GPU, swapped battery. Should I RMA the power supply?

TRENDING THREADS