Question Gigabyte Xtreme X399 does not post

pidero

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Hi guys!I got problem with my motherboard. I purchased my motherboard 2 weeks ago and I did have threadripper 1950x which have been using for a while and want it to upgrade to better motherboard. I built it week ago everything was working fine, but I wanted to update bios and yesterday I did it and got the latest bios F5i it should be that version.i have also did a reinstall of windows and everything working fine, so I got Logitech spectrum chaos mouse for that I have downloaded Logitech software and specific Logitech g hub so I took my wire mouse out and as spins as insert wireless usb to 3.0 port it shut down suddenly, I did not understand what was going on only my rams rgb were lightning but nothing did not post, I have tried lots of stuffs like taking out ram sticks one by one and even took them off completely and wanted to start like that even in that case it did not start, no sounds and no beeps.I feel so pissed off I just can’t understand how by inserting just mouse usb stick my pc shut down completely I just can’t believe it.Please guys help me!Does it mean my cpu dead?

pidero

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Try testing the power supply. If ok, I'd RMA the board.
Thank you so much for response!I did reinstall everything to different mobo and it works perfectly but it took away one of my rams like I do have 32 gb ram(8x4) but I now works 24 gb so I was afraid that 1950x died with it but phewwww nothing happened, just that shut down took away one of my rams!I did rma board so now waiting for response from them!

pidero

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Try testing with single RAM each slot on board. See if all slots working.
First what I did was that I took all ram out and did get any post from mobo, no sound no beep then I tried all different combination of slots still no success and then I put it everything in old mobo in bios I saw that I could not in auto profile both in 3200 MHz only it shows that auto is set to 32.00
But one of them 3200 another one 2300. First I did not do anything I said ok let me install windows, I did and when I get into settings in windows I saw that it shows 16 gb of ram but should be 32gb.I get into bios still it shows same as I wrote before one 3200 MHz another 2133 MHz.I closed pc swept out ram and insert again get into windows and from settings saw that it is now 32 gb after that went back to bios and saw that it was not 3200 MHz then I switch slots this time I could get 3200 MHz but when I get into windows screen of monitor got green, and after few seconds it became normal so when I check for ram in settings I found this time 8 gb and I dot windows blue screen of death beside that I started to test by using rams one by one and only when I got 24 gb rams otherwise I could not install windows it was giving error all the time like blue screen of death with different errors.