Dec 20, 2020
Every time I open a game it would load up just fine but as soon as I start playing, it would freeze and give me a blank screen. I can't alt tab or ctrl alt delete. The only way to turn it off is to either flip the switch or press the restart button which gives me a black screen and a code B2 on the motherboard, then pressing the power button will finally shut it down.

I've tried using restore points, updating all drivers including the graphics card driver, turning on vsync, bios flash, defragging hard drives and turning the power options to high performance.

I've had this build for about 3 years now.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (4095MB) x1
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU 3.50GHz (3503MHz) x4
MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2x4GB)
PSU: Corsair CV650 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB

Please help, I'd really appreciate it.

Solution
Every time I open a game it would load up just fine but as soon as I start playing, it would freeze and give me a blank screen. I can't alt tab or ctrl alt delete. The only way to turn it off is to either flip the switch or press the restart button which gives me a black screen and a code B2 on the motherboard, then pressing the power button will finally shut it down.

I've tried using restore points, updating all drivers including the graphics card driver, turning on vsync, bios flash, defragging hard drives and turning the power options to high performance.

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5...

MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 (2x4GB)
PSU: Corsair CV650 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB

Please help, I'd really appreciate it.
On Gigabyte boards the B2 code often relates to a bad GPU.
Take out the GPU and test with the iGPU after connecting the monitor to the mobo.
At least, this can pinpoint the problem

Solution