Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 "C0" Error Code Help!

carterja1207

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Hello! I have an i7 6700k along with the Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7. I have recently been getting the "C0" error code on the Motherboard. I don't know how long the code has been shown, as I don't look at the motherboard often, but I do know that it didn't used to have the code. After researching, I ran memory tests and they came back clean. I updated my BIOS, I changed RAM slots and reseated my CPU and didn't notice any bent pens with my naked eye. But the thing is, is that my PC still runs and it runs pretty good. Not any noticeable RAM or CPU issues. So, could there still be a bent pin even though the PC still functions fine and I didn't see one? Or is there something else that I could try? Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

andrewrr91361

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

how would one simply ask this question to the MB vendor or mb guild further explaination is required?

Peachie_RN

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
I had the same problem albeit with a Z270X Gaming 7 Motherboard, sometimes it will boot "A0" sometimes "C0", I contacted Gigabyte direct and they replied as follows:

C0 = OEM BDS initialization codes, not any special error code. If the PC has no any problem or error, no need to concern the debug code.

We have test with Gaming 8 motherboard and it show the same "C0" code.

Short answer, "C0" is NOT an ERROR. Your PC is fine.