Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 motherboard not posting error code c1

TK_San

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I recently bought a used Gigabyte z170x gaming 7 motherboard combined with a case and h100 cooler for very cheap. The guy only had it for a few months and was selling it because he had upgraded. I recently put everything together and the rig won't post. I keep getting a c1 error code which i've looked around and it's related to the memory. Everything else turns on and is running though. I've tried putting the ram in different slots, tried using 1 stick in different slots, made sure they were properly seated, and even replaced the motherboard battery and still no luck.

Here's the specs.
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga- z170x gaming 7
CPU: Intel i5-6500
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6gb
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws V 16gb DDR4 3000
Storage: Samsung Evo 860 250gb
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600w

I've also tried switching out the gpu for a 750ti and plugged directly into the motherboard but no luck in that area.

All the parts have been used from other rigs so i know they work. Only one in question is the motherboard.

TK_San

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I've used the same cpu and ram in a different rig. Just used a different MB.

But i tried your suggestion and the problem still persists. I tried using only 1 stick with your suggestion and that didn't work either. I keep getting c1 error and no posting. Am I going about it the wrong way?

1. Made sure rig was off and unplugged from the outlet.
2. Pushed the cmos_sw button on the mb(even held it for a good 20 secs)
3. Turned on the rig.

TRENDING THREADS