Question Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 won't boot any further than the BIOS start ?

Apr 4, 2022
Hi guys, I have a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 that won't go further than the BIOS start.

I can update the BIOS, and go through all the BIOS options. Tried everything within the BIOS.
Once I restart the computer and let it run, before seeing the Windows logo, it just crashes with the Blue death screen. I tried the Ubuntu installer, and the same thing once the BIOS level finished loading and going to the boot it crashes. Not sure what's going on?

I changed RAM positions, changed the actual sticks from a friend of mine, and also the SSD, clean SSD (without SSD). Still have the same issue.
I have not touched the CPU yet. It has i7-6700.

Thanks guys!

Apr 4, 2022
Hi there, thanks heaps for replying.

I have the those components since two years ago, I never got the chance to return home on time. So I just tried them out, apart from the PSU which I bought it last week. Other than that all components are ready from two years ago kept safe and sound in the boxes

Memory: one stick X TEAMGROUP Elite DDR4 16GB 2666MHz PC4-21300 CL19 Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V UDIMM 288

Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor
8M Cache, 3.40GH, up to 4.00GH

Cooler Master MWE Gold 1050W 80Plus Gold Full Modular

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD V-NAND, SATA III 6GB/s, R/W(Max) 550MB/s/520MB/s, 2.5"

No Graphic card.

I did BIOS reset removing the battery and memory turned on for two minutes. Still same problem. I also tried to play with the CPU frequency (voltage) changed from auto to default, still same issue. Hope this info sufficient enough. Any reply/help will much appreciated. Thanks so much!!

TRENDING THREADS