[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Ram Slots

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Here is my brief problem.

I have RM1000x psu and there is some kind fault in it.

Previously I had B450 Tomahawk with Ryzen 3600 when I got used RM1000x from someone and connected it with my B450 Tomahawk Ram Slot 1 2 stopped working while 3 4 were perfect.

Note: Before buying RM1000x all ram slots were working perfectly.

However after 2 weeks I intended to take my motherboard to mechanic for repairing and I was surprised to see slots were working again themselves. Now after some time I sold that system and got z370 aorus gaming 7 with 8700k.

Again same scenario it worked fine with 650w bronze psu but 1 2 ram slots stopped working immediately after I connected it with Rm1000x.

Now more than a week has been passed but these slots are still not working and when plug my ram stick in 1 2 slots it gives C1 error.

Kindly tell me if any of you encountered same issue or you people know how to solve it?

PS: I took of processor cleaned paste and didn;t see any bent pins in socket.

Why are you trying to use slots 1 and 2 when you SHOULD be using slots 2 and 4? Dual channel operation, on ALL dual channel motherboards made in the last 10-15 years, is supported using the second and fourth slot (For 2 DIMM operation, obviously, all four slots if a four DIMM kit is used), and is MOST likely to work correctly if both DIMMs came from the same kit, not separate kits, even if they have the same model number.

Try them in slots 2 and 4, with two being two slots over from the CPU and four being the one closest to the edge of the motherboard. Also, make SURE you have the most up to date non-beta BIOS version installed.

I test dual channel as well as single stick in all slots no solution. I have xpg 16gb 3200mhz 8x2 same model and specs
Same model and specs is NOT the same as "both sticks came in one package". As I clearly stated.

Being on the QVL is a good thing, so if both DIMMs came in the same kit, together, and were not purchased separately as individual sticks, they should work unless something is wrong with them or the BIOS is not up to date.

DID they both come in one kit or were they bought separately as individual sticks?

What BIOS version is installed?

F15B is a Beta version.

Try the latest "stable" version. As I said in my earlier post, you want "non-Beta" versions which means version F14. You will need to investigate to see if you can downgrade to version F14 from either of the two beta versions that are listed. Usually you can, sometimes you cannot.

In any case, after updating the BIOS, did you do a hard reset of the BIOS or you just moved forward from there? Often a hard reset is necessary even after moving to a newer BIOS version.

BIOS Hard Reset procedure

Power off the unit, switch the PSU off and unplug the PSU cord from either the wall or the power supply.

Remove the motherboard CMOS battery for about three to five minutes. In some cases it may be necessary to remove the graphics card to access the CMOS battery.

During that five minutes while the CMOS battery is out of the motherboard, press the power button on the case, continuously, for 15-30 seconds, in order to deplete any residual charge that might be present in the CMOS circuit. After the five minutes is up, reinstall the CMOS battery making sure to insert it with the correct side up just as it came out.

If you had to remove the graphics card you can now reinstall it, but remember to reconnect your power cables if there were any attached to it as well as your display cable.

Now, plug the power supply cable back in, switch the PSU back on and power up the system. It should display the POST screen and the options to enter CMOS/BIOS setup. Enter the bios setup program and reconfigure the boot settings for either the Windows boot manager or for legacy systems, the drive your OS is installed on if necessary.

Save settings and exit. If the system will POST and boot then you can move forward from there including going back into the bios and configuring any other custom settings you may need to configure such as Memory XMP, A-XMP or D.O.C.P profile settings, custom fan profile settings or other specific settings you may have previously had configured that were wiped out by resetting the CMOS.

In some cases it may be necessary when you go into the BIOS after a reset, to load the Optimal default or Default values and then save settings, to actually get the hardware tables to reset in the boot manager.

It is probably also worth mentioning that for anything that might require an attempt to DO a hard reset in the first place, IF the problem is related to a lack of video signal, it is a GOOD IDEA to try a different type of display as many systems will not work properly for some reason with displayport configurations. It is worth trying HDMI if you are having no display or lack of visual ability to enter the BIOS, or no signal messages.

Trying a different monitor as well, if possible, is also a good idea if there is a lack of display. It happens.

And you might give this a serious look as well.

Those are not slots 3 and 4. Those are slots 1 and 3 (DDR4_1 and DDR4_3, which on most boards would be the A1 and B1 slots), and in reality the population rules for that board specifically state that (Like ALL dual channel consumer motherboards with four DIMM slots, for our purposes, for more than ten years anyhow) that the second and fourth slots over (A2 and B2, or for this board, DDR4_1 and DDR4_2, which are STILL the second and fourth slots over from the CPU) from the CPU are to be used with two DIMMs.

In a pinch, if something won't work that way, it is SOMETIMES permissible to use the first and third slots over from the CPU, but neither of those configurations is how you have them. THIS is how they SHOULD be populated. Install them like this, THEN reset the BIOS to default or optimal default settings, restart, go back into BIOS and see that they are both operating. Then see if you can boot windows and check CPU-Z on the memory or SPD tab (Can't remember which off the top of my head) to see that it shows to be running in dual channel, assuming of course that it works.

msoqTRj.png

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
Darkbreeze Hello I have an update, as I stated in my very first post that this issue was caused by faulty psu. So now I got a multimeter and tested psu with it and came to knew that No. 10 in 24pin atx cable which is supposed to deliver +12V was giving me just 0.5 volts.

So now the point is that issue was caused by under voltage.

There is no way to manually test a motherboard with conventional tools as far as I know, at least, not in any way that would be meaningful and concise. Even experienced electronic repair technicians would require specialty equipment and a manufacturer supplied repair diagram/documentation, which I am unaware of any of them ever supplying to anyone because the cost effectiveness of trying to repair a board versus replacement is generally a wash.