Gigabyte z370 Gaming 7 BIOS

piechart

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I'm a new builder so when something happens unexpectedly I just have to ask.

Last month I upgraded to the latest BIOS (F7). Today I went into my BIO and it says i'm using using the original F2 BIOS. I'm not sure what happened or how to explain it, but should I just re-install F7 or is something else going on here that I should be concerned about?

Thank you.

Solution

When you're in BIOS, does it also show F2?

I would be tempted to do another download of the latest BIOS, and then do another flash. I wonder if their server glitched out and linked to the wrong file. The correct BIOS download should contain the file Z370AG7.F7
Check that you didn't end up with Z370AG7.F2

If the same thing happens again, I would try the next newest BIOS download and see what you end up with after the flash. Then report it to Gigabyte.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

When you're in BIOS, does it also show F2?

I would be tempted to do another download of the latest BIOS, and then do another flash. I wonder if their server glitched out and linked to the wrong file. The correct BIOS download should contain the file Z370AG7.F7
Check that you didn't end up with Z370AG7.F2

If the same thing happens again, I would try the next newest BIOS download and see what you end up with after the flash. Then report it to Gigabyte.

Solution