Question Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite Boot Issues

Nov 3, 2019
CPU: i7-9700KF
GPU: Gigabyte 2080 Super OC
PSU: Corsair CX750M
RAM: 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance

Hello. Just upgrading my old computer, basically gutting and adding all these parts (only thing that's the same is the PSU and the case).

All the installation went without a hitch, I go to flip the PSU on, the MOBO LEDs light up for a few milliseconds and then that's it. Power switch/reset button does nothing. I can tell that the MOBO is still getting power because my keyboard and mouse which are connected through the I/O are lighting up and the LAN cable has a flashing orange LED. But it just won't boot. It's not a CPU issue, I unplugged the CPU power 2x4 12V and it's still the same problem. Also fiddled with RAM config, nothing, removed GPU, nothing. Is it just my PSU? It's pretty old but surely 750W is enough, especially when I don't even have the GPU plugged in. Any help is appreciated!

I'm a little confused. When you state "I go to flip the PSU on", do you mean the switch on the PSU? Just flipping the switch on the PSU does not cause the system to boot. Did you double check your front panel connections, especially for the Power and Reset buttons?

Nov 3, 2019
I'm a little confused. When you state "I go to flip the PSU on", do you mean the switch on the PSU? Just flipping the switch on the PSU does not cause the system to boot. Did you double check your front panel connections, especially for the Power and Reset buttons?

Yes when I said flip the PSU on I mean just the PSU. The power and reset buttons don't do anything.

Yes when I said flip the PSU on I mean just the PSU. The power and reset buttons don't do anything.
What you describe happened when you flipped the PSU is what is supposed to happen. The PC won't boot until you either turn it on, using the power switch on the front panel (which you say isn't working), or by shorting the correct pins on the front panel connecting pins on the motherboard. That's why I asked if you double checked the front panel connections for the Power and Reset buttons. There should be a number of thin wires coming from the front of your case that you need to connect to your motherboard, including the power + and - connectors. If those are connected to the correct pins on your motherboard and the Power button doesn't work, then the power button itself could be broken. If that is the case then you could try this:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/starting-a-pc-without-the-power-button.502335/

Make sure you correctly identify the proper pins on the motherboard, either by inspection or by looking in the manual for your motherboard (or both!).

Wikingking

Commendable
Nov 11, 2019
Can you write back whether this issue was being solved by the rickypicky5's idea?
I am about to build sg. very similar as yours and Aorus Elite is a strong pick atm for mobo. But if it has serious issues I'd skip...