[SOLVED] Gigabyte z390 aorus elite red lights

Aug 5, 2021
MB -Gigabyte z390 aorus elite
CPU -Core i9-9900KF 9th Generation 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) Socket LGA 1151
GPU -MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ventus XS 6G OC
RAM -G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
PSU -EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G5, 80 Plus Gold 750W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with FDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self ...

Hello,
My PC was working just fine the other day, when I went to go boot it on today the red flashing lights come on. When powered up the fans turn on and also my keyboard and mouse light up.

the CPU red light comes on and goes off
then the DRAM light comes on and goes off
then the CPU light comes back on and goes off
then VGA light comes on and goes off
then the boot light comes on and stays lit for a second or two and turns off

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Lauren

Solution
Try to clear the cmos buy unplug the power to psu, take off the battery on the motherboard, press the power button for 10 secs, reseat the ram to slot 2 and 4 (incase you didnt put it on that slot).

If it have a dual bios, Press Power and reset for like 10 secs (it will repeadtly on and off while you're holding both for 10 secs) and it will mostly power off after the process, after that, power on and the backup bios will kick in and fix the main bios, i have a Gigabyte B75M HD3 with dual bios and this is how to trigger the backup bios to fix the main bios.

also before doing that try to replug all the connectors you have on the motherboard.
Try to clear the cmos buy unplug the power to psu, take off the battery on the motherboard, press the power button for 10 secs, reseat the ram to slot 2 and 4 (incase you didnt put it on that slot).

If it have a dual bios, Press Power and reset for like 10 secs (it will repeadtly on and off while you're holding both for 10 secs) and it will mostly power off after the process, after that, power on and the backup bios will kick in and fix the main bios, i have a Gigabyte B75M HD3 with dual bios and this is how to trigger the backup bios to fix the main bios.

also before doing that try to replug all the connectors you have on the motherboard.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS