Question Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI --- No display signal after Aorus Splash screen

surdastergattus

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
First build so I apologize for ignorance on my part

Here is the parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/deafkittens/saved/#view=gwqsLk

I got the build up and working last night. Assembled all the parts. Initially had no signal but reseating the RAM solved that problem. Installed Windows, installed a few programs. Turned it off and on a few times with no problem.

Today I turned it on, saw the Aorus splash screen, and then the monitor goes to no signal. PC stays on. No indicator lights from the motherboard. Can't even get into bios. Reseating ram did nothing. Clearing CMOS did nothing. Tried all kinds of variations of unplugging and replugging power in and out. Always the exact same result: Aorus splash screen, then no signal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
I would replace that case in the build. More like a hot box than a case than can evacuate the heat from the build.

You might want to remove the CMOS battery from the board(while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall) and replace it after 15 minutes. Which slots are the rams populating on the board? Does the system show any life if you remove the discrete GPU from the system and powering display off the iGPU/motherbaord display outputs?

surdastergattus

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2013
I would replace that case in the build. More like a hot box than a case than can evacuate the heat from the build.

You might want to remove the CMOS battery from the board(while the system is powered down and disconnected from the wall) and replace it after 15 minutes. Which slots are the rams populating on the board? Does the system show any life if you remove the discrete GPU from the system and powering display off the iGPU/motherbaord display outputs?

Thanks for the response.

I did actually get it working; I switched to a different monitor and from HDMI to DVI and now everything seems to be working. A friend mentioned that this might just be a display settings issue.

Yeah I noticed some reviews about the case after I had ordered it (headdesk). I got a couple more exhaust fans which have been able to move the heat out pretty well and I haven't had any issues with overheating yet but I will certainly keep my eye on that. I thought I had done my research but apparently I missed the glaringly obvious flaw that everyone mentions.