Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi vs MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Oct 26, 2018
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a new motherboard and I narrowed it down to these two:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

If they are about the same price, which one should I get? which one would be the better deal for performance and functionality?

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
Right off the bat, I'd go with the MSI because it has more expand-ability. The Gigabyte only has 2 DIMM slots for RAM. They both have 6 VRM's for power delivery but the MSI also has 3 x PCIe x16 slots as opposed to the Gigabyte only having one slot. They both have WiFi so there isn't any difference there, and they also both have dual m.2 slots. Apples to apples, the MSI board has more features.

Oct 26, 2018

Oh okay, I actually wasn't very familiar with MSI's quality control and their bios software, thanks for letting me know!

Oh, sorry, I'm actually talking about the gigabyte Z390 aorus pro wifi, I forget they use almost the same names for their other boards, I should've been more clear on the title and posting, just updated it, still thanks for the input!

The Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi does have 4 Dimm slots, the 'I' micro ITX does not...

Overall the Gigabyte boards would be better all the way from the Pro upwards as they have a 12 Phase VRM setup that has been reviewed extremely well by all..And for the first time Gigabyte have gone over and above the others on VRM phases and cooling, so overclocking will not be an issue all the way upto the 9900K....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LQacSdJt7c&t=162s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5NDtS8za8g&t=21s

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015

If you read the previous post you'd see that he posted the wrong mobo originally.

My information provided was for the mobo he posted the first time. Not the one you see there now.

I see, no problems at all and thanks for clarifying....Just making sure he understood....