[SOLVED] Gigabyte z390 aorus ultra tpm/ptt won't stay activated

idonotcare56

Reputable
Dec 26, 2018
As the title says, I have a Gigabyte z390 aorus ultra with bios ver F9 and I can't get ptt to stay on after booting into windows. I disabled csm, enabled secured boot, I had to restore factory keys the first time and I enabled PTT. When I boot into windows and use run/tpm.msc it says it can't be found.
Then when I go back into bios PTT is disabled. Everything else on the pc check is green lit. I also have a i7 8700k

If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it.

Solution
As the title says, I have a Gigabyte z390 aorus ultra with bios ver F9 and I can't get ptt to stay on after booting into windows. I disabled csm, enabled secured boot, I had to restore factory keys the first time and I enabled PTT. When I boot into windows and use run/tpm.msc it says it can't be found.
Then when I go back into bios PTT is disabled. Everything else on the pc check is green lit. I also have a i7 8700k

try to uninstall the secure boot keys, update the bios to the latest, then go to bios to install the secure boot keys, go back to bios after installing the keys and enable intel ptt, then save and exit.

try to uninstall the secure boot keys, update the bios to the latest, then go to bios to install the secure boot keys, go back to bios after installing the keys and enable intel ptt, then save and exit.

Reactions: idonotcare56
Solution
Jan 31, 2022
glad i could help ;)

Do you mind spelling out the steps exactly? I am having the same issue on my Aorus Pro WIFI -- PTT will NOT stay enabled. I'm not sure how to uninstall and reinstall the secure boot keys. I know it's possible because, prior to a BIOS update, I had TPM working.

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS