Question Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme Bios over F4 boot loop

Aug 22, 2019
I used my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme (Bios F4) for some months then i updated to a newer Bios Version F6 with Qflash. It worked fine and reboots. After 10min at Windows 10 the Pc just goes off and there was no way to turn it on again. It was in a boot loop it goes on for 1 sec and off. i put the GPU out the same. Even with all stuff out just the mobo and cpu installed the same. After over night with no bios battery it boots once and i updated to Bios F7 but the same after 10min boot loop. So i send it back and get a new one it has F4 installed. And boom everything was working again. I was thinking i just had a bad mobo and now i can go to the newest Bios cause it fixes security vulnerability in CPUs. Damn me now i just have the same! Bios update worked fine but after a while the PC goes off and no boot up. Looks like there is now way to update the Bios without getting into troubles.

Pc Specs are: 9900K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme, Radeon 7, Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 32GB, PSU -Seasonic Prime 1000W Ultra

Oct 23, 2019
exactly same issue, after tried to put F6 in and got same. it even destroyed M2 ssd 970evo. bios downgrade, taking all parts down to no ddr but cpu , loosening cpu cooler, never went well. all i saw is led on mobo indicating a lot 20 and end up by c1. those are not described in the manual.

Oct 23, 2019
Cmos reset or the Bios Switch to the second Bios don't work too.

i got it. after struggled a lot, i found cmos reset was the key for everything when we change something in bios level, and that it is not easy to let the button really work. press a lot, press longer like 10 sec, again, again, and connected power cable and turn it on, then done! the message bios gave me was what i have never seen before, and that tells i have never done cmos clear before in their meaning.
it temporary works with backup bios where the dip switch is at the edge of mobo close to pci. this may affect for my case but i am not sure.