Question Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme & CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO

Feb 21, 2019
I was wanting to know if you could shoehorn a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme “EATX” board into a CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO? I have read the review here that said they used this case for testing but it is listed as a “ATX” case. Is there any case mod required? Thanks in advance

Feb 21, 2019
I’m kinda “stuck” to that case because of where I’m putting it. My question was that Toms Hardware tested that board in that case. I was just wondering how they were able to do it?

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
I’m kinda “stuck” to that case because of where I’m putting it. My question was that Toms Hardware tested that board in that case. I was just wondering how they were able to do it?

Hmm. Can't really help you with that but my guess is that they did some mods to that case. Try to 'install' the motherboard (sort of) on that case but don't damage it. When you're doing that just look if any mods are needed.

Jul 3, 2020
Since I bought this case two months ago, I got the same issue too. The simple answer is: It depends. There are some EATX mainboards, which will fit into the case. They just must not exceed the maximum width of 27.7 cm. I've determined this size yesterday by myself, by measuring the baseplate for the mainboard in the case. I also read a review on a dealers site, where the customer manged to build in an EATX ASUS Rampage VI. I'm thinking about buying a MSI X570 Creation which got the width of 27.2 cm. Hence it should fit into the case without major problems.