Gigabyte Z390 F_USB30 gives power but doesn't work

Feb 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

yesterday, we successfully put together a Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Master build in an NZXT H700 case. The front panel's USB 2.0 (F_USB1) works flawlessly. So do the board's backplate USB ports. Only the two front 3.1 gen 1 ports are not working despite giving power. My external HD even detects them as 3.0 as the LED lights up in blue instead of white. I'm running W10 Pro 17763 and should've all drivers installed as indicated by my device manager:

wm7lIF6.jpg

(This is how it looks when my external HD is plugged into one of the front USB 3.1 ports.

Another thing is that the UEFI doesn't detect it either which makes me kind of worry. Having the same device in the front usb 2 port makes the UEFI list ist but there is nothing when I connect it to the 3.1 one. Is it possible that the header is connected in a way that gives power to the port without working otherwise? I think it is highly unlikely that anything was damaged or the board is broken but maybe that's just me hoping.

Would appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.

P.S. I have already problems with an old internal SATA HDD not being detected but this is likely unrelated, I wasn't able to come around to check whether it is connected properly, whether the cable I used, etc. Just writing this in case there is some special kind of malfunction and has both these problems or something.

FULL SPECS:
CPU: 9900k (w/o oc); Kraken X62 AiO
MoBo: Z390 Aorus Master
BIOS: f7 (there is a newer one but it is only listed as adding support for 32GB UDIMM, mine is not even 2
months old)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 Mhz (tested with and w/o XMP enabled)
SSD/HDD: 1. Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB (and the above mentioned old Seagate HDD 1000 GB which we've probably failed to
install correctly)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC
PSU: Corsair RMx 750 (ver. 2018)
Chassis: NZXT H700 (without the 'i')

Feb 5, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

CPU: 9900k (w/o oc); Kraken X62 AiO
MoBo: Z390 Aorus Master
BIOS: f7 (there is a newer one but it is only listed as adding support for 32GB UDIMM, mine is not even 2
months old)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200 Mhz (tested with and w/o XMP enabled)
SSD/HDD: 1. Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB (and the above mentioned old Seagate HDD 1000 GB which we've probably failed to
install correctly)
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC
PSU: Corsair RMx 750 (ver. 2018)
Chassis: NZXT H700 (without the 'i')

Regarding Drivers. All Chipset Drivers (Intel Management Engine Interface, Intel INF installation, Intel Serial I/O driver) were manually installed from the board's website. Asking so I am sure I understood correctly: Can it even be the drivers' fault? I mean, the BIOS is not detecting it either despite the MoBO powering it...