Question Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI

May 20, 2019
Hi from France,

Here is my new computer built:

- Motherboard Gigabite Z390 Gaming SLI,
  • CPU Intel Core I5 9600K,
  • Memory 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 16 Go 2666 Mhz,
  • CPU fan Cooler Master Black Edition
  • GPU Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX580 (coming from former computer).

I tried two times, during few hours to built this new configuration, but I still have some issues.

Built CPU and its fan, GPU and memory on motherboard, out of the case, just to see if I can see BIOS splash screen.
With the first motherboard, computer stars, every fan start, even the GPU's one, but nothing...

With the second (same one) motherboard, I've connected a little speaker and power connector directly on the front panel header.
Well, the computer starts, every fan too, but here's some long beeps after few seconds...
I take out one memory stick, try to change memory slot for the only stick left..
And here we go again, but this time, I've got 5 short beeps and shut down.. after a while, the computer tries to restart, but 5 short beeps again..

Is this a CPU fail ? It looks perfect.
Is it some memory issues, even if the model is compatible with the motherboard (Gigabyte said this).

Can somebody help me with that ? It's not my first personal built (nearly 10 before this one), but it's first time I have these issues...

Many thanks in advance for any help and I'm very sorry for my real bad french english...