Question Gigabyte Z390 Wifi Pro issue.

DonONeill

Honorable
Apr 23, 2016
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me on this please! Got a Gigabyte Z390 Wifi Pro MB. Have a 970 EVO Pus MVMe M2, 500GB as C Drive and a 1TB Seagate SSD as D Drive. Working no problem. BIOS up to date. I added a new 970 EVO Pus MVMe M2 1TB today and my SSD disappeard from BIOS and Disk Managentent. I tried everything to fix it. Scan for new drives, New SATA cable, connect SSD to another pc, works no problem. The x2 M.2 are working no problem together. In the end, I took out the new M.2 and reconnected the SSD and it reappeared, working fine. Is this an MB issue that it can't run x2 M.2 and a SSD also. Am I missing something here.
Your help greatly appreciated!! Don.

As seen in the chart below, taken from the manual for your motherboard, The M2A M.2 slot shares bandwidth with the SATA3_1 header and the M2M M.2 slot shares bandwith with the SATA3, 4 and 5 headers. If you have an M.2 drive installed in those slots, then the corresponding SATA header will not be available. Recommend move the SSD to the SATA3_0 or SATA3_2 headers.

tLpiF0A.png