Question Gigabyte Z390UD won’t start because of VGA light

Dec 8, 2019
I have a Gigabyte Z390UD processor and its worked perfect for months with my Coolermaster masterwatt lite 500V psu, intel i5 9600x cpu, 2 ripjaw 8gb ddr4 ram, and radeon rx570 armor 8gb gpu. All of the sudden when i was trying to install leds from my case my computer stopped working and when turning it on a vga light started glowing, and all of the fans and everything booted like normal, so it looks like everything is working, but no display comes out on any monitor i try and the vga light stays glowing red which ive never had happen to me before. Ive tried resetting my cmos, moving my gpu to a different pciex slot, using the hdmi port on the motherboard instead of the gpu, and still havent gotten it to work again. I also unplugged all of the leds and it still wont work. Can anyone help me fix this?
nYGymX3.jpg

6bWARNF.jpg

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm going to assume that you mean a Gigabyte Z390UD motherboard and a 9600k processor, correct? While it may seem obvious, I find that be very detail-oriented is helpful with troubleshooting.

Do you have another PSU and/or other GPU to test? When you tried the motherboard port, did you make sure to remove the GPU first? Have you tried it with one stick of RAM? I'm also concerned you went with a low-quality PSU here, but it's not likely the problem here, at least not directly.

Dec 8, 2019
I'm going to assume that you mean a Gigabyte Z390UD motherboard and a 9600k processor, correct? While it may seem obvious, I find that be very detail-oriented is helpful with troubleshooting.

Do you have another PSU and/or other GPU to test? When you tried the motherboard port, did you make sure to remove the GPU first? Have you tried it with one stick of RAM? I'm also concerned you went with a low-quality PSU here, but it's not likely the problem here, at least not directly.
Yes i meant the 9600k. I have another PSU but my brothers using it so id have to wait to test and i tested another gpu already. I also removed the gpu before trying to plug in the hdmi to the motherboard port first. I just tried booting with only 1 stick of ram and it didnt help either

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Please do not bump threads. We have literally hundreds of active threads at a time going on and if everyone bumped their own threads, it would be chaos. If you continue to bump your own thread, it will be closed.

Even if it were allowed, I'm not sure why you're bumping anyway. Testing another PSU is the next step and if you're still waiting to try, then you don't have any new information to provide, which anybody responding will need.

Dec 8, 2019
I tested it w a Solid Gear Neutron 750W and I also tested another gpu which was the Radeon RX 460 and i even changed the ram too to corsair vengeance 16gb and im still getting the same vga light

TRENDING THREADS