[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra not powering on (new build) ?

May 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to build a new PC for a friend and I have decided to use a Z490i aorus ultra but it does not turn on at all.

I have tried to power it on with 2 different i7s (10700k) an i3 10100 but nothing happens. CPU fans not spinning RGB lights not working etc.

I have tested the exact same parts with the H410m H V3 (rev 1.2) and everything worked fine. Also I have returned my Z490i aorus ultra for RMA and they did send me a new one but the same thing again. I even tried to update the bios using the q-flash button at the back but after a short time the blinking led stops blinking and it stays on for 10-20 minutes

My Specs:
Core i7 10700k (plus an other i3 10010 that I've tested)
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
Z490i Aorus Ultra
Corsair CV550 550w PSU
Samsung 980 Pro 500GB NVMe ssd

Should I send it back again or there is something I can do to fix it?

Thanks

Solution
You're cluey and know what you're doing. I wouldn't doubt yourself and any money bet Gigabyte sent the same board back... Rma for refund and go for a different board.
May 22, 2022
You're cluey and know what you're doing. I wouldn't doubt yourself and any money bet Gigabyte sent the same board back... Rma for refund and go for a different board.
Thanks for your reply!
Maybe that's what I'm going to do... Fun fact though, I've had a good experience with Gigabyte boards and that is why I've chosen this one for that build. I'm currently using a X570 Aorus Master for myself and everything is fine. Maybe I'll go with ASUS this time...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can stay with Gigabyte, just meant maybe go for another model so you know you're not being shafted by the dumbass on the other end. Nothing against Gigabyte, the brand is solid, it's the so so's who work/represent that are sometimes questionable.

May 22, 2022
Can stay with Gigabyte, just meant maybe go for another model so you know you're not being shafted by the dumbass on the other end. Nothing against Gigabyte, the brand is solid, it's the so so's who work/represent that are sometimes questionable.
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'll do my research and hopefully I'll find a good one :)

Reactions: boju