[SOLVED] Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master Fan Headers Query

May 14, 2021
Hello there,

I'd be grateful for any help with this. I'm registered blind and building a system using the Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master (yes, the same system as months ago; had to RMA the board following a power surge).

As I can't see the diagrams in the user guide, I was wondering if someone could tell me the order of the four fan headers at the top of the board (above the RAM slots)? Also what type of fan header is next to the 2 EPS connectors?

I am using the Corsair Capillex 150 water cooler. Which fan headder should this be connected to?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hussein.

Solution
If you hold the motherboard upright, with the motherboard's rear I/O ports facing left, then the fan header located to the left of the 2 EPS connectors is the SYS_FAN1. From this line, moving towards the right from left, is CPU_OPT>CPU_FAN>SYS_FAN7_PUMP>SYS_FAN8_PUMP. The fan header located near the bottom of the 24pin connector is SYS_FAN6_PUMP. Coming to the lower end of the motherboard, starting from the right and moving left is SYS_FAN5_PUMP>SYS_FAN4_PUMP>SYS_FAN3_PUMP.

If you're wondering where did SYS_FAN2 go, it's populated with a fan for the VRM cooling area, which design wise is located next to the VRM heatsink under the left most EPS connector.

Lutfij

Titan
If you hold the motherboard upright, with the motherboard's rear I/O ports facing left, then the fan header located to the left of the 2 EPS connectors is the SYS_FAN1. From this line, moving towards the right from left, is CPU_OPT>CPU_FAN>SYS_FAN7_PUMP>SYS_FAN8_PUMP. The fan header located near the bottom of the 24pin connector is SYS_FAN6_PUMP. Coming to the lower end of the motherboard, starting from the right and moving left is SYS_FAN5_PUMP>SYS_FAN4_PUMP>SYS_FAN3_PUMP.

If you're wondering where did SYS_FAN2 go, it's populated with a fan for the VRM cooling area, which design wise is located next to the VRM heatsink under the left most EPS connector.

Solution
May 14, 2021
Amazing, thanks so much. I'm guessing the Capillex water cooler for the CPU goes into either CPU_FAN or CPU_OPT? Is there any preference for one over the other?

Interesting layout; I somehow figured the header closest to the CPU or EPS connectors would instinctively be used for the CPU cooler.

Thanks again.