viper23679

Prominent
Mar 14, 2022
Greetings,

I'm hoping someone can help.
Here is my current setup:
MB: Gigabyte AORUS Z590 Pro AX
CPU: Intel® CoreTM i7-11700F

Effectively we started building this computer. Are there some known issues with this LGA1200 socket set?
Things I've tried:
  • replaced the motherboard
  • replaced the power supply
  • replaced the heat sink
  • cleared CMOS
  • tried RAM in different configurations, several different models.

Still not getting the BIOS to even boot and the LED indicates it is a DRAM issue.
Has anyone else run into issues with this configuration.

Solution
Not wanting to purchase a second CPU unless absolutely sure here; I mean I did inspect it, didn't notice any bent pins; thought it might be the Heatsink so replaced that with a Thermaltake ENGINE 27 (CL-P032-CA06SL-A) 1U Low-Profile CPU Cooler
That's a joke not a cooler.
And you put it onto i7-11700F.
Thermaltake ENGINE 27 is rated for up to 70W.
Your cpu on high workloads for limited time consumes over 200W (224W for up to 56s).
How is your cpu cooler going to cool that?

You need high end air cooler or 240mm (or larger radiator) AIO cooler to cool down i7.
Like Bequiet Dark Rock4 pro or Cryorig H5 or similar.

viper23679

Prominent
Mar 14, 2022
I wasn't going to use the video card yet so I'm connected directly to the MB. So yes, using the discrete GPU and monitor is connected. I'm just trying to get it past the DRAM issue, if it boots without that light on then I will start with adding a video card. If that is the wrong call please advise.
PSU is a standard 750W system that had enough ancillary cables to support the CPU as the previous one did not (different issue) this is not a PSU issue any longer.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to use the video card yet so I'm connected directly to the MB. So yes, using the discrete GPU and monitor is connected.
Discrete GPU - is videocard.
You have to use it or there will be no image. And you have to connect monitor to videocard (not motherboard).

I'm just trying to get it past the DRAM issue, if it boots without that light on then I will start with adding a video card. If that is the wrong call please advise.
Yes, that's wrong. Install videocard.

What's the model name of your videocard?

Last edited:

viper23679

Prominent
Mar 14, 2022
Not wanting to purchase a second CPU unless absolutely sure here; I mean I did inspect it, didn't notice any bent pins; thought it might be the Heatsink so replaced that with a Thermaltake ENGINE 27 (CL-P032-CA06SL-A) 1U Low-Profile CPU Cooler

That's a joke not a cooler.
And you put it onto i7-11700F.
Thermaltake ENGINE 27 is rated for up to 70W.
Your cpu on high workloads for limited time consumes over 200W (224W for up to 56s).
How is your cpu cooler going to cool that?

You need high end air cooler or 240mm (or larger radiator) AIO cooler to cool down i7.
Like Bequiet Dark Rock4 pro or Cryorig H5 or similar.

Last edited:
Solution