[SOLVED] Gigabyte z690 gamingx posts but there is a red vga light ?

May 15, 2022
Hi
I have z690 gaming X with ddr4, i5-12600k, gskill 3600 and psu 500w
Rest of my parts are from my old pc such as gpu hd7850

Pc will beep 5 times, then vga red light will stay on . After a while my pc will boot and i get screen when i am inside windows. I can even game and get 60fps smooth in dmc5
But everytime i tuen on pc or restatt, i get 5 beep with red led on vga.
Red led always stays on
Removing vga will solve problem
Also i used this vga in my old pc so i know its not vga.if it was , certainly i couldnt play and push my gpu in dmc to get 60fps

Solution
The GPU is so old that BIOS has a problem recognizing it, hence the beeps. It then reboots using iGPU (but since your monitor is connected to GPU you get no screen at BIOS stage) and goes to Windows, which is far more forgiving to those old cards so it works fine there. You can safely ignore the whole problem. If you ever need to reach BIOS you just need to connect monitor to motherboard instead of GPU.
D

Deleted member 362816

PCIE-5.0 not playing nice with that old card. Should be able to go into bios and change the pcie speed down to 3.0/ gen 3 might solve your issues.

Reactions: Ero-oldman
The GPU is so old that BIOS has a problem recognizing it, hence the beeps. It then reboots using iGPU (but since your monitor is connected to GPU you get no screen at BIOS stage) and goes to Windows, which is far more forgiving to those old cards so it works fine there. You can safely ignore the whole problem. If you ever need to reach BIOS you just need to connect monitor to motherboard instead of GPU.

Reactions: Ero-oldman
Solution
May 15, 2022

I see. I was really worried if some part of my mobo is faulty.
To be fair my monitor is really old as well . Its samsung led from 12 years ago. Right now i cant get a new gpu with prices like this. It will be later .

If i plug my monitor to igpu, i get screen and no beep.
Thank you again . I was getting stressed since this is my build after 12 years and i thought i got a faulty mobo.
It turned out its not the case.

Reactions: DRagor

TRENDING THREADS